If you need to go up more than one level in your home, it is highly advisable to have a residential elevator to access the upper or lower floor. In this way, you can avoid any kind of health risks or worsen a physical situation that you may have permanently or temporarily. Therefore, this time we will talk about the advantages of residential elevators.
A residential lift is similar to any lift that we find in buildings, but with the difference that they operate at a much slower speed and transport a reduced number of people, i.e. perhaps only two people. The home elevator travels at an average speed of 0.15 m/s, while the conventional building lift moves at an average speed of 0.6 m/s.
They are designed for exclusive use within a dwelling and are therefore also known as "single-person lifts". They are quiet, safe and easy to operate for any user. These types of devices are governed by specific standards that must be complied with according to local and national safety codes. The regulation under which residential lifts are governed is Royal Decree 88/2013 of 8 February, which states that maintenance is carried out by a specialised company, i.e. the one that installed the lift, every 4 months approximately. They are electric and generally have a rescue system, as well as semi-automatic doors.
A device of this type offers numerous advantages, both for people with reduced mobility and for those who suffer from a permanent disability.
1. Better quality of life. For those who cannot use the stairs, a residential lift offers fast, safe and practical access to the entire home, without having to take risks or rely on third parties.
Mobility for the elderly or people with restricted mobility. Elderly people or people who use wheelchairs, canes or crutches, temporarily or permanently, can move around easily and simply thanks to residential lifts.
3. Safety. This type of device has buttons that are very easy to use and they are also totally safe, even if there is a power cut, thanks to their rescue system that prevents the person from getting stuck in the middle of the journey.
4. Increased property value. If, for whatever reason, you later have to sell your home, indicating that it has a residential elevator automatically increases the value of the property. It will undoubtedly be a highly sought-after option for those who cannot use the stairs.
5. It offers autonomy. For those who use it, the one-person elevator means that they do not depend on other people to move from one point to another vertically, and there are even versions with an integrated seat. Moreover, the residential lift does not interfere with the use of stairs, as it is possible to place it in a relatively small space and without having to remove the stairs.
6. They are durable. This type of devices, although they usually transport only one person, are manufactured with high quality materials in order to last in excellent conditions for a long time. In this way, their operation is guaranteed and continuous maintenance is not necessary, if at all, about 3 times a year.
7. They are multifunctional. In addition to being used by people, residential lifts can also be used to transport heavy objects from one level of the home to another, avoiding the risk of falling or tripping that would occur when using stairs.
8. They save energy. A residential elevator also consumes much less energy than a commercial lift, so it will not imply an additional expense.
We are a company that offers various types of devices and equipment to make people's lives easier. Whether it is residential lifts, car lifts, goods lifts, passenger lifts, commercial lifts, as well as other types of accessibility solutions. For example, we have the hydraulic direct drive lift for vertical transport of users who require it, whether in single-family homes, commercial premises or restricted public buildings. And it complies with the requirements of the Machinery Directive 2006/42, as well as with the EC Test Certificate.
Find out more about the technical specifications of our single person lifts and our other products on our website, as well as their characteristics. Hidral is located in Polígono Industrial PARSI, calle 7, nº 3, 41016 Sevilla (Spain). You can contact us by phone +34 954 514 500, by fax +34 954 677 633 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org